Moringa oleifera is one of the most rich sources of nutrients and vitamins that our body needs. It is rich in calcium, potassium, beta-carotene, Vitamin C, and iron. Moringa can be prepared as a vegetable or included in soups, but mostly just the leaves and fruits are used. Others prefer to drink it as tea.
Here are some simple steps on how to make Moringa tea and Moringa powder.
Step 1 Get Moringa Leaves
Gather Moringa leaves, 3 to 4 stalks will do. It is best to use the mature leaves because they dry up fast.
Step 2 Air Drying
Air dry the leaves including the stalks for a day or until the leaves are crisp. Air drying will make the leaves fall out and then you can separate the stalks after. But some people include the stalk in making tea because of its fiber content.
Step 3 Grinding
Grind the air-dried leaves (with the stalks if you prefer) for 10-15 seconds. You can use a blender to grind the leaves.
Step 4 Storage
Put the ground Moringa in tea bags, and store in a cool, dry place. Make sure not to leave it in open moist places, so it will have a long shelf-life.
Step 5 Preparing the Tea
To prepare Moringa tea, just add hot water, lemon and sugar to taste.
- Grinding the leaves for a minute or two will give you Moringa powder, which can be sprinkled on dishes.
- Use a net when air-drying the leaves so they don't scatter.
- Another way of making tea is by simply boiling 1/2 cup of Moringa leaves in 1 1/2 cup of water. Let it cool and drink the concoction as tea.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades