In this cooking how-to video, Tracy prepares some sorrel. Sorrel is a traditional Jamaican Christmas drink. Follow along with this video cooking lesson to learn how this drink is prepared
1 lb Sorrel sepals
1" of ginger
5 tbsp sugar
2 litres of water
A splash of rum (ideally Jamaican white rum)
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp ground pimento
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp orange peel
1 tbsp lemon peel
1 tsp mace
1) Grate the ginger.
2) Add the ginger, sorrel and water to a pot and rapidly bring to the boil.
3) Add a selection of optional ingredients to the mixture to personalise the drink. You will probably need to experiment with these ingredients until you find the combination which is perfect for you.
4) Allow the mixture to boil for 10 minutes.
5) Take the mixture off the heat. Once it has cooled, place in the fridge for 24 hours.
6) After 24 hours, take the mixture out of the fridge and strain.
7) Stir in the sugar and a dash of rum (the rum helps to preserve the drink). If you wish you can add some wine, sherry or additional rum at this stage.
8) Serve with ice.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.