Sick of spending your hard earned money on the bourgeois bubbly water? Why spend extra money on bottled seltzer when you can make it at home? Plus, by using fewer plastic bottles, you can reduce your carbon footprint.
You Will Need:
• A seltzer bottle
• And a soda charger
• A seltzer kit (optional)
• A carbon dioxide tank (optional)
• And a plastic 2-liter bottle (optional)
Step 1: Set up bottle and charger
Make sure your seltzer bottle – also called a soda siphon – and charger are compatible. Chargers come in screw-in and snap-on varieties.
Step 2: Fill seltzer bottle with water
Fill your seltzer bottle with tap water or filtered water according to preference.
Step 3: Load the charger
Fit the charger – a small canister containing pressurized carbon dioxide – onto the spray nozzle on the seltzer bottle. When it screws in or snaps on, you'll hear a "whoosh" as the water carbonates.
Step 4: Press plunger to serve seltzer
Press down on the seltzer bottle's plunger and serve your homemade seltzer water. It's that easy!
Trivia: Years ago, seltzer water was delivered to people's doorsteps in glass siphons; empties were picked up to be refilled.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades