Learn how to make a Roy Rogers drink.
Treat your kids to a taste of the Wild West with this simple Roy Rogers recipe. It's non-alcoholic – and a real crowd pleaser.
You Will Need
* An 8-ounce beverage glass
* 6 oz cola
* 2 to 3 teaspoons grenadine syrup
* Maraschino cherries and lemon wedges
* A stirrer
* A straw
Step 1. Fill glass with ice
Fill the glass with either crushed or cubes of ice, depending on your preference.
Step 2. Pour the cola
Next, pour about the cola into the glass, leaving some room at the top.
Step 3. Add grenadine and stir
Add the grenadine, stirring well to disperse the syrup evenly.
Step 4. Add garnish
Garnish with one or two maraschino cherries; add a lemon wedge for extra flavor.
Step 5. Serve
Serve with a straw. Consider setting a one-refill limit; kids are sure to find these drinks addictive!
Tip: Don't stir vigorously, which makes the cola foamy and increases the amount of dissolved ice. Instead, stir slowly and smoothly.
Fact: Roy Rogers, one of the most famous cowboys of all time, is remembered each year at the Portsmouth, Ohio, Roy Rogers Festival.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades