Forget the smoothies, granitas, cool lattes, and other frozen imitators—there's nothing that satisfies your sweet tooth like a good old-fashioned milkshake. Learn how to make a delicious milkshake at home.
Step 1: Scoop in ice cream
Scoop your ice cream into the blender—you'll need four full scoops.
*Tip: If you have trouble dipping into hard ice cream, run your scoop under hot water to heat it up between scoops.
Step 2: Pour in syrup and milk
Pour the syrup and milk into the blender.
Tip: Add complementary fruit to your shake, like real strawberries to strawberry ice cream, or bananas to chocolate ice cream.
Step 3: Blend
Put the top on the blender, and blend on medium speed until it's smooth and creamy.
Step 4: Pour
Pour the milkshake into a large glass.
Tip: If you added fruit to your shake, garnish the glass by hanging a piece on the rim.
Step 5: Drink
Drop in the straw, take your first big slurp. Then raise your glass to old-school ice cream drinks!
Fact: In soda fountain parlance, a Black & White is a milkshake made with chocolate syrup and vanilla ice cream.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades