There's nothing like a glass of ice cold lemonade on a hot day.
You Will Need
* 10 lemons
* A fork
* A manual juicer
* A strainer or cheesecloth
* Lemon zester
* Lemon peels
Step 1: Prepare the lemons
Wash the lemons, prick their skins with a fork, and microwave them on high for about 30 seconds. This will loosen the juice.
Step 2: Soften them up
To further soften them, roll each lemon on a hard surface, like a cutting board, with the palm of your hand.
Step 3: Squeeze the juice
Cut the lemons crosswise in half and twist them on the juicer to release the juice.
Step 4: Remove the pits
Remove any seeds from the juice.
Tip: If you prefer your lemonade without pulp, strain the juice through a strainer or cheesecloth.
Step 5: Boil water
Heat half a cup of water on the stove. When it reaches a boil, add one and a half cups of sugar, lower the heat, and stir until the sugar is fully dissolved.
Step 6: Add fresh lemon juice
Remove the syrup from the heat and add your freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Tip: Add a tablespoon of grated lemon zest for an extra kick.
Step 7: Mix with cold water
Add four and a half cups of cold water to the lemon and sugar syrup. Mix thoroughly.
Step 8: Chill the lemonade
Chill the lemonade, or serve it immediately in glasses of ice with a twist of lemon.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades