This video shows us how to make distilled water for your carnivorous plants, such as a Venus Fly Trap.
First, you fill a kettle with water from the tap. Heat on your stove top for a good 8 minutes or until it starts to steam and boil.
Take the top off the kettle, but keep it boiling. Use a plastic bowl to quickly put over the kettle. Keep it there for about five minutes.
The steam will be caught and trapped by the plastic bowl. All the steam will turn to liquid, which is your distilled water.
The minerals and chemicals in tap water will die out in the steam. It's a difficult process to capture the steam.
Take your plastic bowl off the kettle and quickly put the lid on it, sealing it tight. The steam will turn to water, then use this to water your plant!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades