A very traditional tea in Japan is green tea. Japanese ceremonial green tea is prepared from a tea powder known as matcha. This tea is not difficult to make at home, and tastes delicious even without the ceremony. Check out this video and learn the steps and ingredients necessary for creating this yummy infusion.
You Will Need:
* 1 tsp. green tea powder
* A ceramic bowl
* A whisk
Step 1: Choose thin or thick tea powder
Choose thin or thick tea powder when making your purchase.
Thin tea is made with tea powder from younger tea plants while thick tea powder comes from older plants. Thick tea tends to be sweeter and smoother than thin tea, which is slightly bitter.
Step 2: Add the tea powder to hot water
Add one heaping teaspoon of green tea powder to one cup of hot water – about 120-140 degrees Fahrenheit – in the ceramic bowl.
Never use boiling water when preparing matcha.
Step 3: Mix the tea
Stir or whisk the mixture until it becomes frothy. Continue mixing until no tea powder remains on the sides or bottom of the bowl.
Step 4: Drink the tea
Drink the tea from the bowl before the tea powder settles.
Did you know? Because the tea leaves are consumed, matcha contains more vitamins and antioxidants than steeped green tea.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades