Become your own favorite barista by learning to create an authentic cappuccino at home. This Howcast guide demonstrates and provides a recipe for homemade cappuccinos.
You Will Need
* 10 to 16 ounces Of cold milk
* A stainless-steel steaming pitcher
* A thermometer
* An espresso machine with a steamer wand
* 1/4 to 1/2 ounces of freshly ground espresso
* A tamper
* A spoon
* And a mug
* A saucpan
* A milk frother
* Sugar or other sweetener
* And cocoa or cinnamon
Step 1: Prepare the milk
Pour milk into the pitcher so it is 1/3 to 1/2 full and submerge the thermometer. Place the steam wand in the milk so the tip is just below the surface.
Step 2: Steam the milk
Turn on the steam and watch the milk increase in volume as it heats and aerates. Turn off the steam when the thermometer reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Never touch the steam wand or tip once you've turned on the steam – it's hot! Be sure to hold the pitcher by the handle.
*Tip: You can also heat the milk in a saucepan, and use a milk frother with a plunger to aerate the milk.
Step 3: Fill the portafilter
Remove the filter apparatus – or portafilter – from the espresso machine. Pour the ground espresso into the portafilter.
Step 4: Tamp the espresso
Pack the grounds firmly with the tamper to keep the water from rushing through too quickly. Many portafilters have a "fill line" ¬that the grounds should reach after they have been tamped.
Step 5: Pull the shot
Replace and lock the portafilter and place the mug below the spout. Press the button to start the water. It should take 25 seconds to make 1 to 1 1/2 ounces of espresso.
Step 6: Finish the cappuccino
Using the spoon to hold back the foam, pour steamed milk to fill the mug 2/3 full. Fill the rest of the mug with frothy foam by spooning it into your cup. Add sugar or sweetener to taste, and top with cocoa or cinnamon if desired.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades