Enjoyed throughout the Middle East, Arabic coffee is deliciously rich, and easy to make at home. Watch this video to learn how to make Arabic (or Turkish) coffee.
You Will Need
* 3 c A long-handle Turkish coffee pot, called an ibrik
* 1 tsp Dark-roast coffee, ground as finely as possible
* 1 1/2 tsp Sugar
* 1/2 tsp A crushed cardamom seed
* 3 c Espresso-size coffee cups
Step 1. Fill pot with water
Fill the pot with one-quarter cup of cold water for every cup of coffee you want to make, plus an extra quarter cup of water.
Step 2. Add coffee and stir
Add one heaping teaspoon of grounds per quarter cup of water. Add the cardamom, if using. Stir in the sugar – about one teaspoon for every two teaspoons of coffee grounds. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
Step 3. Heat the mixture
Place the pot on very low heat. Don't stir or move the pot, but monitor it carefully while holding the handle. Heat the pot as slowly as you can – the slower the heat, the better the coffee will taste.
Step 4. Remove from heat when coffee froths
After a few minutes, the coffee will suddenly start to froth and rise quickly. As soon as it does, lift the pot off the heat until the froth subsides.
Step 5. Repeat and remove
Let the pot heat and froth up again, then a third time, lifting it off the heat each time before it boils over.
For the special froth that makes this coffee distinct, don't ever stir the coffee.
Step 6. Let settle
After the coffee bubbles up three times, turn off the heat and let the coffee pot sit for a couple of minutes so the grounds and sediment settle.
Step 7. Pour coffee and enjoy
Fill each small cup about a quarter full to distribute the froth evenly. Then, go back and fill the cups with the rest of the liquid. Leave the rest of the water in the pot with the sediment. Enjoy!
FACT: In many Middle Eastern countries, Arabic coffee is served at the end of a guest's visit to signal that it's t
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades